Thanks for visiting, I'm Capt. Jesse Brody, owner of Bay Marine Survey. My company specializes in condition & value surveys for pre-purchase or insurance purposes.
When choosing a marine surveyor please consider... A sample survey:
This may be the best indication of what to expect from the person you are counting on to assess the value, safety and suitability of the vessel in question. A professional survey should result in a quality report. Please read over my sample survey, and compare the detail and scope to others that you may have seen.
Sample Prepurchase Survey (pdf)
- Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors, Accredited Marine Surveyor (SAMS®)
- Member, American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC)
- Member, International Association of Marine Investigators (IAMI)
- Honors Graduate, Chapman School of Seamanship
- USCG Master 100 Ton, Sail & Tow Endorsed
- Boat US technical exchange
- 20 years practical experience as a professional mariner
Experience, education and resources along with the expert use of diagnostic tools of the trade is just a start. I strive to address all of your specific concerns, answer questions and remain available through the buying or insuring process.
While leaving happy customers in my wake is important, adherence to the highest ethical standards and accurate reporting of the findings is my first priority.